Sunday, March 24, 2013

Grief: A By-Product of Love

I read two articles about grief a couple of weeks ago and felt impressed to post them (but I never got around to it) so I'm sharing them now:
 
"The Refining Fire of Grief" by Ashley Isaacson Woolley
 
What stood out to me most about both of these articles is the concept that although grief is uncomfortable it is also a "by-product of love".   Grieving over the loss of a loved one or the loss of a relationship or dream is the natural result of the investment of love and hope that went into the loss.
 
"Grief is the natural by-product of love.  One cannot selflessly love another person and not grieve at his suffering or eventual death.  The only way to avoid the grief would be not to experience the love; and it is love that gives life its richness and meaning"  -Lance B. Wickman


 

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Thanks for sharing these. My grief has at times been unbareable lately and it is nice to read things like this.