Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Demystifying Foster Care Infographic

 In an effort to spread awareness to encourage others to better support foster youth and people who care for them, Simmons College School of Social Work has produced this infographic:


Demystifying Foster Care, SocialWork@Simmons

I am familiar with many of the statistics of outcomes for foster youth such as homelessness, incarceration, and PTSD, but as a foster parent I was particularly interested in the "Profiles of Foster Families" section (and I immediately compared my family's demographics to other foster families.)

I also thought it was interesting to "morph" all of the demographic info into a profile representing the "average" child in foster care:


Any other thoughts on the infographic?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Interesting how foster parents usually make less but are willing to help more. Looks like foster parents value A child versus money. If you want to be wealthy I guess have one biological child. But as for me I choose a house full of noise and clutter. Money can only buy you so much happiness. There is nothing like the love of a child.