Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wisdom from Dr. Karyn Purvis

Five years ago I heard Dr. Karyn Purvis speak at a conference and I was so impressed by her that I wrote about it.  I even went so far as to call her a "hero". 

It wasn't just her broad knowledge of and vast experiences caring for children who come from hard places which impressed me about Dr. Purvis, but her sincere desire and passion she had for giving such children a voice.  I left that conference with a renewed strength and desire to love any child in my care as vigilantly as she has shown can be done and to make a conscious effort to see beyond any behavior or barriers to attachment.

Yesterday I learned that one of my heroes had died as Dr. Purvis passed away after battling cancer.



Dr. Purvis has been a champion for many young people and a great role model and mentor to many others who strive to care for and understand these children.  I am confident that her legacy will continue to bless the lives of many.  

Here are some gems of wisdom Dr. Purvis has taught others. Ironically, many of these teachings and discoveries go right along with topics I explored in my two previous posts.






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! My experience in the foster care system was amazing. My life flipped upside down in a good way!


http://selenialagos.blogspot.com/2016/11/what-happens-in-independent-living.html