I was looking through my emails this morning and came across one which I initially thought might be junk mail. It turns out this blog was "selected by FeedSpot as one of the Top 70 Foster Blogs on the web."
I am spreading the word by mentioning the Top 70 Foster Blogs here. Feedspot is an RSS Reader that lets you subscribe to blogs, news sites, and any website you want to keep up with.
A couple clarifications on this description: Yes, I have adopted three children, but only two of those were through the foster care system while our first adoption was a private domestic adoption. I also think it's interesting that my blog is categorized as "Christian" because although I didn't set out to be a Christian blog, I guess I have, in fact, mentioned God and prayer and following the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
I remember before I went back to graduate school and entered the [paid] workforce how this blog would be so cathartic for me to get out my feelings and pass on a few things I'd learned. Although I would love to continue advocating it's a bit tricky to use a public platform to "vent" about experiences, especially when they involve my real-life children. I've always used pseudonyms to protect privacy, but at the same time it's not too hard to put two and two together .
Anyway, maybe you can discover some new blogs to follow through the list I shared and know that although I haven't put the time into writing here as I used to, I constantly have things brewing in my head. Taking the time to get them out on the keyboard is that hard part!

No comments:
Post a Comment